The Qatar Racing & Equestrian Club (QREC) announce that an Auction/Sale will be organised as per the details below:
- Second Auction: Friday, 12 January 2018 for breeding stock.
- Only for Broodmares and the foals of less than 10 months of age
- Entries open 3rd December to 14th December 2017.
- Owners (vendors) are to present the records of their respective lots at the time of entries.
- The venue(s) of the auctions will be announced in due time.
- Sold lots shall remain at their boxes at QREC stables up to the time when they are collected by the new owner (purchaser) not later than three days from the date of the Sale for local purchasers and fifteen (15) days from the date of the Sale for purchasers from outside Qatar. However, if sold lots remain at QREC stables beyond such time limits, a QR 200 (Qatar Riyals Two Hundred) per day of delay shall be applied to local purchasers and a QR 2,000 (Qatar Riyals Two Thousand) per day of delay shall be applied to overseas purchasers. No exceptions shall be allowed in this respect.
- No lot shall be exhibited at the sale unless it meets the health requirements as assessed by the competent vet appointed by QREC.
- QREC will not bear any liability towards any vendor or purchaser for any procedure related to the Sale as QREC’s responsibility is limited to the organisational aspect only.
- QREC will not bear any responsibility for any dispute, which may arise between the original owner (vendor) and the new owner (purchaser). The conditions of the Sale shall apply to any disputes.
- Entry Fees: QR 500 (Qatar Riyals Five Hundred) per lot.
- Deposit to be paid by a purchaser: QR 20,000 (Qatar Riyals Twenty Thousand).
- All terms and conditions of auction/sale rules in effect in QREC shall apply.
Sarah Saleh M. Al Sheikh Al Kuwari
Head of Horse Registry