The Qatar Racing & Equestrian Club (QREC) announce that racehorse auctions/sales will be organised as per the details below:
- First Auction: Late October 2017 on two days
- Day 1: Friday, 27 October 2017 – Open
- Day 2: Saturday, 28 October 2017 – For two year olds only
- Entries for the First Auction will be open with effect from Thursday, 05 October until Thursday, 12 October 2017.
- Second Auction: Friday, 12 January 2018 for breeding stock.
- Third Auction: Friday, 09 February 2018 only for racehorses running in the 2017/2018 season.
- Fourth Auction: Late 2017/2018 season.
- Owners (vendors) are to present the records of their respective lots at the time of entries.
2.The venue(s) of the auctions will be announced in due time.
3.Sold lots shall remain at QREC stables until they are collected by the new owner (purchaser) not later than three (3) days from the date of the Sale for local purchasers and fifteen (15) days for purchasers from outside Qatar. However, if sold lots remain at QREC stables beyond such time limits, a QR 200 (Qatar Riyals Two Hundred) per day of delay shall be applied to local purchasers and a QR 2,000 (Qatar Riyals Two Thousand) per day of delay shall be applied to overseas purchasers. No exceptions shall be allowed in this respect.
4.No lot will be exhibited at the sale unless it meets the health requirements as assessed by the competent vet appointed by QREC.
5.QREC will not bear any responsibility towards any vendor or purchaser for any procedure related to the Sale as QREC’s responsibility is limited to the organisational aspect only.
6.QREC will not bear any responsibility for any dispute, which may arise between the original owner (vendor) and the new owner (purchaser). The conditions of the sale shall apply to any disputes.
7. Entry Fees: QR 500 (Qatar Riyals Five Hundred) per lot.
8. Deposit to be paid by a purchaser: QR 20,000 (Qatar Riyals Twenty Thousand).
9. All terms and conditions of auction/sale rules in effect in QREC shall apply.
Sarah Saleh M. SH Al Kuwari
Head of Horse Registry